Clear all

Raven audio speaker cable and power cables

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mac1963)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone just have a question about raven audio cables.Looking to up grade my speakers cable and power cables. My system is a raven nighthawk  amp and a pair of Klipsch Forte IIIs  plus a schiit gungnir dac. My speaker cable are blue jean cables will there be a noticeable difference in sound.

bwilson
(@bwilson)
Trusted Member Admin

Welcome to the forum! Hope you're having a Happy Thanksgiving. We are getting really good feedback on our speaker cables. They rival cables that cost significantly more. While Blue Jean offers a great product, we're confident that you'll love Soniquil. We have a Black Friday special on all Sonquil cables. If you'd like to try them in your system, feel free to place your order. We'll give you 30 days to return them for a full refund (minus shipping). 

Operations - Raven Team

ReplyQuote
(@mac1963)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thank you for your reply just a guick question on the power cable.I have a nighthawk amp will the power cable be  a upgrade from the stock cable. thank you happy thanksgiving.

ReplyQuote
(@ravendave)
Estimable Member Admin

Hello Everyone.

The new Raven Audio Soniquil cables are going to prove to be quite the shockingly good deal for the money.  They are actually our new OEM power cables for our new 2019 amps, and believe me...  they are an upgrade from last year's OEM cables, which is saying something.  Because those cables were really good.  We also now have a full lineup, including power, interconnects, and speaker cables.

Look....  These cables are just good solid (actually multi-stranded ) cables manufactured using a really great quality of ultra-high grade audiophile level 99.996% oxygen free copper, double coated, shielded, and just overall very simple after that.  There's no Voodoo, fairy dust, wolfbane or garlic, no tail-of-newt or powdered rhino horn!  They are just good old-fashioned hand-made examples of simple craftsmanship.  They literally sound like NOTHING!  And that's the point right? 

When we got the first few off the assembly line I thought, OK these look really nice.  They are quite a bit heavier and thicker than before, and look different than most other cables out there at this price point.  We used the same jacketing as last year's only they are much thicker.

Then when I finally started listening to the first of the new power cables I was just kind of shocked at how good they were.  The music just kind of "jumps out at you" big and punchy-powerful.  Unexpected.  Super clean, no sibilance, no filtering at all...   everything on every recording just punches out cleanly - very open and detailed. 

That alone made me know immediately we were on to something kind of special, and since we were buying so much of these components and the pricing was really getting down there as a result, why in the heck wouldn't we step out and try to make an impact on the marketplace and pass these on to our customers?!  I thought this is really going to be great.

The interconnects were next, and they just really trounced my old ______.   Which I actually loved until I heard these.  I guess I didn't realize there was an ever-so-slight softening of the music when I used my old interconnects.  There is literally NOTHING in the way with these.  They fit really nice and tight, and they click solidly into place without being loose at all like some of my other interconnects.  Everything has been really clean top to bottom throughout the entire frequency range.  Just really wide open, clear and, well I am not a writer.  The music is just so wide open now - is all I can really say.

Finally, I have been listening to the speaker cables for a while now - and they are now in my home system and in the store.  So, everyone just know that you can always send them back...   but I really don't expect to ever get a pair of any of them back...   not for this price especially.  Not even if we sold them for 5 times more either I suspect.  They are that good.  And since we are building so many of them at a time we can offer them to our customers for super value!

For the investment, I know of no other cables out there that can complete.  I really can't think of anything else to say.  Just fabulous cables for very little investment.  We save, and so do you!  We all hope everyone loves these new Raven Audio Soniquil Cables. 

I plan to post a bunch of better pictures of them tomorrow so everyone can really see how well made they are.  But from that point on - grab them as quickly as you can - because they are going to fly out of here in no time.

RavenDave

ReplyQuote
(@mac1963)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thank you very much for replying to my question.Just Oder my self a pair of speaker cable and power cables.  

ReplyQuote
(@ravendave)
Estimable Member Admin

Hello Ava,

Tell us about your system~!  Speakers?  Amplifier?  And what cables did you try out?  We are always looking for input, help and personal experience.  Thank you for coming onto our forum and commenting.  We appreciate that the most.

Thanks,

Dave Thomson

ReplyQuote
(@jennifert)

Speaker cable is the wire used for the electrical connections between speakers and amplifier sources. It has three key electrical properties: resistance, capacitance and inductance. 

Generally speaking, resistance starts to have an effect on the performance of a speaker when resistance is greater than 5% of the speaker’s impedance. Resistance is affected by two key aspects: cable length and the cross sectional area of the wire. 

ReplyQuote
(@ravendave)
Estimable Member Admin

Hello all.  If your system is sensitive enough, and your speakers are revealing enough - you absolutely can tell the difference some cables will make in your system.  Most audiophile level systems, and in a lot of cases this isn't about cost as much as the quality of the amplifiers, speakers, and sources like DAC, CD player, turntable etc.  But even an amp like the Nighthawk MK3 on a pair of the CeLest' speakers will reveal a large difference when using Soniquil cables, especially when you change them for, say some cheap Chinese built Amazon purchased cables. 

Lately I have heard so many cables that cost thousands of dollars sound very manipulated, with a bass bump or midrange swell in them, and I now think this was done purposely to sell these cables.  I could name several big expensive names now that have done this.  I guess I never really realized just how much of this was going on in our industry.  But I see many cable companies selling complicated designs with multiple conductors of all different types of metal being used.  I think to myself...   why? 

When some of the best sounding cables I have ever heard usually are very simple, yet large diameter with a multistrand design of the very highest quality copper, and always with gold, Rhodium or silver plating on the machined copper terminations.  Those simple cables in my opinion often sound the best to my ears.

Our cables are not fancy, but they are highly utilitarian, extremely well made, and purposely very very accurate with ultra-low resistance and since all the components are thick well-made 99.995% copper with gold, Rhodium, and some with a silver plating, like the banana plugs of our speaker cables, that overall makes NO DIFFERENCE in the sound quality at all.  In the end that was our goal.

This leaves them to be highly accurate.  Many people are telling us how revealing and accurate they are now, and we are selling a LOT of them now.  A day does not go by without several pairs going out.  Some days it's truly difficult to keep up.

ReplyQuote
Share: