[Sticky] Welcome to the Raven Audio Forum!  

RavenDave
(@ravendave)
Founder of Raven Audio Admin
18/11/2018 6:18 pm  
Hello Everyone,

I am beside myself excited at all the new things going on at Raven Audio. We've been hard at work developing some astounding new products like Soniquil Cables and upgraded existing products as well. 2019 will bring lots of excitement as we launch our new Avian Series MK3 Integrated Amplifiers and Corvus Reference Loudspeakers (YES... I said, speakers). 

To get ready for all the Raven talk, we thought it was appropriate to create our own forum hangout for people to gather and discuss all things audiophile. With that in mind, Welcome to the community!

We invite you to dive right in and create topics/post that you feel will help new customers and existing alike. Also, feel free to share your personal experiences with Raven Audio products and all of the other brands that you guys have been using in your own systems.

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support of Raven Audio!

RavenDave

This topic was modified 4 months ago by bwilson

ReplyQuote
JoeFrance
(@joefrance)
18/12/2018 10:50 am  

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the invitation.  To one and all, my name is Joe and I met Dave at the NY Audio Show back in 2017.  We talked for a long time that day, and I have been following Raven Audio ever since.

My musical tastes are primarily in the classical and jazz genres.  I like solo and small group works, especially vocals, as well as big warhorses.  Give me Beethoven and Bruckner symphonies, and Duke Ellington's Big Band any day.  I play at moderate volume much of the time, but when the family is away, I will spin a Mozart opera or Mahler's 2nd to pretty impressive pressure levels.  That's when my wife says, "you can blast your music now!"  

My current system is very simple, and was assembled in the 1998 timeframe.  (Yes, I am Rip Van Winkle, back to audio after 20 years away dealing with kids and "family stuff.") . I have a Copland CSA 28 hybrid integrated amplifier; a Copland CDA 266 CD player, and last year I dipped my toe in the "modern" world of audio with a very basic but wonderful Audioengines B1 Bluetooth streaming device.  My speakers are Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater towers of the same vintage as my Copland gear.  That's it, as I said, very simple and has served me very well. I know I probably need to learn a lot more about DACs, music servers, DSS, etc... While my equipment is still chugging along pretty well, I am also looking to the future, and want to change it up, make upgrades, and get a pair of terrific monitors.   

As an engaged audio "hobbyist", I have spent a lot of time demoing systems and equipment, and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer tube to solid state integrated amplifiers.  I really don't understand at all how some "audio professionals" say all amps sound the same.  My experience has been exactly the opposite.  Tube amps sound very different from solid state amplifiers for the most part.  A few from McIntosh, Sugden and Gryphon come close, but not all the way, and they are generally very expensive, and hard to find.  

In a number of areas of my life, I have really enjoyed working with committed, passionate entrepreneurs who make quality products, whether it be furniture, clothes or whatever, so I feel a natural connection with Dave and his passion for music and the allure of tube audio technology.  The sum and substance of the foregoing bits and pieces have led me to Raven Audio, and so far it's all good, but it's also time to make some decisions.  That's why I am glad we have this forum to explore and share with like-minded others.

Well, that's my intro, so I will sign off for now.

All the best to Dave, Raven Audio and everyone here. 

Hope you have a Happy Christmas and a very successful 2019.

Joe

This post was modified 3 months ago by JoeFrance

ReplyQuote
bwilson
(@bwilson)
Member Admin
21/12/2018 8:02 am  

Hey Joe,

Welcome back to the audiophile community and to our little Raven forum. We're glad you're here!

You have a very nice system. I can certainly appreciate your interest in tube amps. For many years, I only listened to solid state amps. My audio background is primarily from commercial studio recording. Like you, when I first heard a Raven tube amp, I was in love. There's just something special about that tube sound. Not to mention, Dave's design's are sonically amazing and the style is beautiful. 

Keep following Raven. The new 2019 Avian MK3 series Tube Integrated amps are some of the best amps Raven's ever made. Also, we're launching a brand new speaker line as well. The Corvus Reference Line. We have bookshelf monitors and a tower design as well. If you love classical music, you've gotta hear the Corvus Reference.

Thanks for participating in our forum. Merry Christmas!

Operations - Raven Team

ReplyQuote
JoeFrance
(@joefrance)
21/12/2018 2:36 pm  

Thanks, bwilson,

Looking forward to seeing that mysterious Corvus bookshelf, although for the short-term, I may decide to go with the Osprey and play it with my Shearwaters (89db, 8 ohm), as the old Meadowlark (not the new which has just come back on the market) were supposedly very tube friendly; now Patrick is going all-powered speakers I think....

Joe

ReplyQuote
RavenDave
(@ravendave)
Founder of Raven Audio Admin
21/12/2018 10:48 pm  

So great to see you on here Joe, and it was indeed quite a lot of fun and interesting getting enough time at the NY show to talk with you like we did.  When the time comes let me know and I will ship you an Osprey MK3 to try out on those Shearwaters...   and I know they will get along wonderfully together.  Hopefully by the next NY show I will be able to drop by and listen to them in person~!  That should be great fun.

I certainly love my personal Osprey, and have for a long time now.  It's awesome.

Welcome to the Raven Audio forum, and please by all means, keep in touch.

Dave Thomson

20170306 172945

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register