Clear all

Another Review of the new CeLest' speakers AND the Osprey MK3 - from Steve Huff

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ravendave)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Once again the extreme quality of the Avian Series astounds the experts.  Steve is both a camera buff, and an avid high end audiophile as well.  He is NOT under the employ of any magazine so his reviews are given out of a pure joy of his love for audio gear.  As usual, for the money there isn't anything out there that can touch these Raven Audio products.  Everyone says it, but we thought you may love to see for yourself what Steve Huff thinks about these new products.

Here is his review  Also, you might want to read another review (where he mentions the Raven Audio products often) of the Qln speakers, which currently he thinks are the best he has ever heard.  This is of course because he hasn't heard our Corvus Reference - YET!

Thanks STEVE HUFF~!!!

Dave Thomson

Founder

PS, I guess we forgot to send him carpet spikes!  We had no clue he had thick carpet in his listening room.  This would have made a HUGE difference in the sound of the CeLest' speakers.  Darn...!

(@mikeknj)
Eminent Member

Dave,

I have my Ce'Lest speakers on hardwood floor, but probably not the best floor.  If you push on the top of the speaker they wobble a bit.  It seems like outrigger legs would give more stability on the floors that I have.  I know that they are not absolutely perfectly level.

ReplyQuote
(@ravendave)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter  

Mike,

In selling speakers of this quality for $3,995 we installed felt pads onto the bottom of them.  If your wooden floor is uneven, or is carpeted, just put a large ceramic tile on the floor under each speaker, or something else substantial and level.  You will notice the difference in sound also from doing this.  The large tile (24"x 24" or 24"x 18", and 24"x 12" - available at Lowes and Home Depot and some flooring stores) will also stabilize these speakers on carpet very well.

These speakers are flying out of here and we can barely keep up with demand as it is.  Sorry, this is probably on us for not putting suggestions like this into the manual.  But our goal here is to try to give you an entry into world class at a very decent price point.  But at least there are simple solutions to the aforementioned problems.

ReplyQuote
Share: