Clear all

Dynaudio Special forty’s

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mac1963)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Looking to purchase these speakers the sensitive is 86db. My amp is a nighthawk m2 will they be a good fit.

(@ravendave)
Estimable Member Admin

If you go and read the Steve Huff review of the new Nighthawk MK3 you can find out exactly what he thought of them and the current version of that same amplifier.  We have at least one other customer that has the same speakers also.  So I'd say, yeah without a doubt...  and they are absolutely great speakers.  I've heard them myself with the Blackhawk MK2.  Wonderful.

If you are looking for speakers though, you should at least read the new CeLest' speaker review that came out yesterday.  I have never heard anything better below double the price.

Link is HERE

ReplyQuote
(@mac1963)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Dave for the information on the Dynaudio speaker. I own the nighthawk m2 amp its a great amp and it should work great with the speakers thanks chuck.

ReplyQuote
(@mariewriter)

Why are Dynaudio speakers so expensive?

ReplyQuote
James Connell
(@jamesconnell)
Active Member Admin

Because several of their speakers are a mastering grade" speaker used in recording studios as a reference point when mixing recordings, but even more critically when mastering. Essentially, they can be trusted. Very few speakers are in this category. The Raven Audio Corvus Reference Monitor is and is used in Grammy Award-winning recording engineers and producer's studios. https://ravenaudio.wpengine.com/product/corvus-reference-monitor-speakers/

ReplyQuote
(@mac1963)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I purchase my special forty’s speakers in 2020 the cost was 3000 a pair. They are going for 3500 a pair. I have a raven audio nighthawk m2 paired with them they sound excellent.

ReplyQuote
Share: