fbpx
RavenDave's Dozen &...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

RavenDave's Dozen & Then Some (Revised : 7/28/2020) - Some of the Best Tubes in History are Available Right Now!!! REVISED AGAIN~!!! And again...  

Page 2 / 2

mikeknj
(@mikeknj)
22/06/2020 4:20 pm  

I just purchased a pair of Tungsram ECC81's.  I am using them in the second row, with Amperex ECC81's in the first row and CBS 12AU7's in the third how.  The Tungsram replaced a pair of 13D9's that I got with my Nighthawk.  I was wondering what configurations other's who bought the Tungsram are using.  The change I made just seems to make the sound a little different.

ReplyQuote
mikeknj
(@mikeknj)
23/06/2020 11:01 am  

Scotty,

My original configuration was done with Jame's help.  We have similar taste in music.  I am also using Raven speakers.  He was running Amperex in run one, Yellows T's in row 2 and CBS's in row 3.  Since I had 13d9's he felt if I bought the Amperex and the CBS I would have around 85% of what he had.  I did not fell I wanted to spend the cost of the Yellow T's. I was going to replace the 13d9's with Brimar cv4024's, but Dave told me to try the Tungsram instead.  So I bought 2 sets of the and the same RCA's you have.  My back up set becomes the 13d9's with the Tungsram and the RCA's. The sound is very hollow graphic and very musical.  Vocals are in the room.

RavenDave liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Malcare WordPress Security